Is editing your passion? Do you enjoy the process of pulling together all of the pieces of a report to create a polished document? Are you good at providing constructive feedback? Are you highly organized and detail oriented? Are you undaunted by deadlines? Do you enjoy being helpful? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
INTERA Incorporated is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Editor to in our Richland, Washington, office. The Technical Editor is responsible for ensuring that documents produced represent INTERA’s high standards and our commitment to deliver exceptional products to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Edit documents to improve readability and ensure consistency
- Coordinate the development of complex documents with multiple authors
- Provide word processing and document formatting for technical reports, work plans, presentations, and other communication
- Collaborate with technical personnel to ensure documents are accurate, visually engaging, and highly compelling
- Coordinate production of documents and electronic deliverables and oversee electronic archiving of finished documents
- Support electronic approval, client document clearance, and submission to government administrative record for finished documents
- Provide QA/QC support
- Assist with other projects as needed
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, technical writing, or a related field
- 10-15 years of experience as a technical writer/editor
- Experience in technical edit and format of documents for Hanford prime contractors highly preferred
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to multitask and meet challenging deadlines
- Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Samples of prior work to demonstrate experience
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Our employees say that what they value most at INTERA is our corporate culture—because not only do we believe that our people are our most important asset, we embody it. As an employee-owned company, we are invested in not only providing a good work-life balance with flexible schedules and telecommuting opportunities, but we offer generous benefits packages (including a $0 cost health plan), bonus eligibilities, tuition reimbursements, and more. These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years or more at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.
So join us today because INTERA has a reputation of excellence, leaves no room for politics, and empowers all of our employees to accomplish their best!