INTERA Incorporated is seeking a Hydrogeologist / Water Resources Engineer Intern to join our team in Southern California to support projects involving quantitative hydrogeology, water resources planning, and field efforts related to groundwater investigations and development. We are looking for a team player who would like to be involved in hydrogeology/water resources planning projects and who would like to gain exposure to diverse markets and business environments. This position offers the opportunity to develop your skills in the field as well as in the office. Our employees find that they are pleased with the amount of responsibility they are given and that there are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. An enthusiasm for learning and problem solving will likely lead to a variety of job assignments.
The ideal candidate will have a broad background in and understanding of quantitative hydrogeologic analysis as well as field methods geared towards developing and delivering a safe, sustainable, and resilient water supply.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting groundwater modeling efforts
- Supporting basin-scale water budgets and accounting analysis
- Aggregating, organizing, managing, and analyzing data on groundwater, surface water, pumping, climate, demographics, etc., typically in a GIS/database environment (Esri ArcGIS)
- Data manipulation/analysis in spreadsheets, databases, and GIS using automation techniques such as macros, VBA, Python, Matlab, Perl, etc.
- Interpretation of soil, groundwater, and water quality data
- Analyzing aerial photographs, well logs, and other data sources
- Supporting written scientific reports
- Supporting presentations to clients, colleagues, and other interested parties
- Reviewing reports and research done by other scientists and engineers
Preferred education, skills, and experience
- Bachelors or MS in hydrogeology, geology, water resources engineering or a related field
- Thorough understanding of hydrogeologic principles and field methods
- 0 – 5 years of experience, preferably in California
- Ability to create clear and concise written work products for internal and external clients, which may vary from technical to non-technical
- Ability to work with a technical editor, graphic artist, and/or GIS analyst to integrate text and figures together into a high-quality written work product
- Presentation skills including public speaking, presenting at conferences, and presentation software such as PowerPoint
About INTERA & Our Benefits:
Our employees say that what they value most at INTERA is our corporate culture—because not only do we believe that our people are our most important asset, we embody it. As an employee-owned company, we are invested in not only providing a good work-life balance with flexible schedules and telecommuting opportunities, but we offer generous benefits packages (we even have a $0 cost health plan), bonus eligibilities, tuition reimbursements, and more. These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years or more at INTERA. We love what we do and it shows.
So join us today because INTERA is proud of maintaining a reputation for excellence, leaves no room for politics, and empowers all of our employees to accomplish their best!